• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk is not operational MySQL password changed

Pedro Reinoso

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I was creating users in MySQL server, as i dont know the "admin" password i tried update the password.

Onces I updated i got this error message:

ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Exception
No entry is registered for key 'translate' (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$Wu...', Array) #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /us (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

I was performing some of the KB solutions but could not be able to fix it, i create a ticket because maybe you have faced this situation.

Hope for your help.

Hi Pedro Reinoso,

Onces I updated i got this error message:
HOW did you "updated" the password, pls.?

I was performing some of the KB solutions but could not be able to fix it
Could you pls. NAME and link the KB - articles, that you followed, so that people willing to help you don't recommend links, which you already tried resolutions from?

Pls. don't forget to add at least the output of the command:
Code:
plesk version

The Plesk documentation has been improved for Plesk Onyx... did you have a look at the official documentation?

Hi @UFHH01,

I tested without solution, below:
* KB Plesk: Impossibile accedere all'interfaccia web di Parallels Plesk Panel
* Unable to access Plesk: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Thanks for taking time in help me, I already have fixed my problem by my own, i'm going to write my solution just in case someone else have same problem in the future can save time doing this.

SOLUTION:
Establish a SSH session

# mysql -uadmin -p

It's going to ask your password, onces connected into database:

MariaDB [mysql]> use mysql;
MariaDB [mysql]> update user set password=PASSWORD('$AES-128-___PASSWORD__') where User='admin';
MariaDB [(none)]> update mysql.user set password=OLD_PASSWORD('$AES-128-___PASSWORD__') where User='admin';
MariaDB [mysql]> SET PASSWORD FOR 'admin'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('$AES-128-___PASSWORD__');
MariaDB [mysql]> exit

To find your new password locate:
# cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow

Replace the result by:
$AES-128-___PASSWORD__

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
if you could be able to connect with command above we are fine

# service psa restart

it worked for me.

Last edited:
Back