1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Download-Problem with Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Dr.Bock, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Dr.Bock

Dr.Bock Guest

Hi,

i have a problem with my plesk-server. When I put a rar, pdf, zip.. file on my server, my visitors can't download them with Microsoft Internet Explorer. They get an 404-error. But with mozilla or firefox you can download the files.

the IE shows html-sites, pictures, videos etc... but with the IE it's impossible to download something from my server.

try
    http://www.dr-bock.com/avatar.rar
    (impossible to download with IE)

I don't think its an IE-Bug, because nobody i know can download there with IE. Must be a server-side problem. can you help me?

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

I guess you must have solved your problem. I was just able to both download/save and download/open the .rar file. IE 6.0.2800.1106 128bit lots of update versions.... Win2000Pro

3. yongsan

yongsan Guest

Hi,

Care to share how you manage to solve the issue? I have the same problem but this time is a zip file.