• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Downloading backups to a local computer bug

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
If I try to download a plesk backup to my local machine it saves a file a few bytes in size in .xml.tar.html format

My other non plesk 12 machines correctly save the file in .tar format

Did you actually download the file to your computer? It actually downloads in xml.tar.html format

I have re-booted my server and tried on every backup - They all download as a few bytes in xml.tar.html format

I have 3 servers here 2 x plesk 11.5 and 12 x plesk 12. Using the same browser it works fine on both plesk 11.5 server and does not work on plesk 12. However, I have tested on safari, Chrome and IE. All the same problem.

Incidentally, look at the screenshot you uploaded. The domain backup shows in .xml format and is only 222KB. Is that correct? Is that a domain backup?

As you can see it is Server Backup. It is test server without any big content.

My server is a brand new server with Plesk 12 pre-installed. I have done nothing to cause this issue. Is it possible to arrange for support to look at my box please?

Thanks Igor OK I will ask for support. One more thing..

During the backup last night I received several watchdog messages "The Plesk Web Server service on host sxxx.onlinehome-server.info is down. The problem was discovered on Jul 28, 2014 04:57 AM.

Followed by the web server is started. Why am I getting these messages? Again I don’t get them on my Plesk 11.5 boxes.

Thanks Igor OK I will ask for support. One more thing..

During the backup last night I received several watchdog messages "The Plesk Web Server service on host sxxx.onlinehome-server.info is down. The problem was discovered on Jul 28, 2014 04:57 AM.

Followed by the web server is started. Why am I getting these messages? Again I don’t get them on my Plesk 11.5 boxes.

I do not know. I never heard about this issue. Jut try to tune watchdog settings.

Logs say:

SIGKILL
[Mon Jul 28 04:53:46 2014] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 27396 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Mon Jul 28 04:53:46 2014] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 27395 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Mon Jul 28 04:55:18 2014] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 27446 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Mon Jul 28 04:55:18 2014] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 27442 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL

Back