• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr Web Not Checking Email

E

energylevel

I sent a few test emails with the Eicar test virus files attached and it doesn't appear as though Dr Web is detecting anything, I'm assuming from these tests that Dr Web isn't scanning email, although the Dr Web service shows as running.

Does anyone have possible solutions or a checklist to detect possible issues please ??

Thanks ........

Hi,

I had the same problem after upgrading Plesk from 8.0.1 to 8.1.0.

Take a look at the end of the file /etc/drweb/users.conf

Then disable drweb scanning for the user you are sending e-mail to from the domain control panel, then reenable it again.

Take a look again at the end of the same file. Notice any difference? Do you see the e-mail address of the user (along with other directives)?

Yes, drweb forgot about all your users... and you have to disable and enable a user to get him back onto drweb's list.

Good luck

Brilliant !!! ..... Greast spot, is there any way to disable/enable all mail boxes on the server at once, it's a bit of a nightmare doing each one manually !!!

Since I only have a few domains on my server and all my clients want virus scanning enabled on their accounts, I was able to do it a domain at a time.

For that, login to the control panel as admin, and for each domain go to the e-mail accounts configuration page. Select all accounts at once (the check box on the title bar of the account list), and click "group operations" (or something like that, my cp is in portuguese), than switch the drweb scanning off and click ok. Then do the same to turn virus scanning back on on the accounts you want.

Happy 2007.

I have hundreds of domains on my server. Is there a way to enable Dr. Web for all domains? I found this:

http://kb.odin.com/en/2232
Is there a way to configure Plesk to enable Dr. Web anti-virus checking by default when a mailname is created?

But I have restored a backup and I need to re-enable it on all mailboxes.

Back