• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr. Web quit his job

F

frosty024

After about a year of Dr. Web working wonderfully, I noticed that all of a sudden viruses are coming through. Checking the status of the Dr. Web Daemon via Webmin yeilds the following error:

Executing /etc/rc.d/init.d/drwebd status ..

drwebd dead but subsys locked

clicking stop or restart yeilds the following error:

Executing /etc/rc.d/init.d/drwebd stop ..

Shutting down DrWeb(R) daemon: [FAILED]

Reboot does nothing. Using Plesk 7.5.3 Reloaded. Any ideas?

Try 4PSA's CleanServer for around a hundred bucks (or less if you don't need an unlimited domain license). It just works, and is priced pretty competitively.

Normally I wouldn't promote a product, but after all the problems I had with Dr. Web and the 7.0 series of Plesk, I would never use Dr. Web.

At least, now, Sw-Soft ships Plesk with a "clean" qmail-queue right next to the Dr. Web version in the qmail/bin folder, so it's easy to quickly and completely disable Dr. Web.

Of course, all this doesn't solve your problem, but I would imagine you'll get to the point where your time is worth more than the $100 it costs to resolve the issue. :)

I use ClamAV with v7.5.3 and it works great. I suppose this could be used with qmail-scanner but I set it up with qsheff. No viruses get through now. :)

M

Back