• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Dropbox Backup - restoring from previous version

Andy Taylor

New Pleskian
Good morning

I've just had to rebuild my Plesk server through one issue and another, and I was secure in the knowledge that DropBox Backup was backing up my key sites (my help desk, web management system, and indeed my main website) however, when I come to restore my backups, it shows as failed with the following tool tip:

Failed to Execute: '/opt/psa/bin/pleskrestore' --restore '/opt/psa/var/modules/dropbox-backup/soveryapt.net.tar' -level domains -filter list:soveryapt.net 2>&1 Output: The specified backup file is corrupted, modified, created on another server or in an earlier Plesk version. To restore it, use the -ignore-sign option.

I cannot find how I'm supposed to use the -ignore-sign option to restore a backup and I urgently need to get this resolved.

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy Taylor,

you error - message is quite clear here, providing the used command and the possible ( additional ) option " ignore-sign".

Code:
/opt/psa/bin/pleskrestore' --restore '/opt/psa/var/modules/dropbox-backup/soveryapt.net.tar' -level domains -filter list:soveryapt.net 2>&1
... could be expanded with the option "ignore-sign"
Code:
/opt/psa/bin/pleskrestore' --restore '/opt/psa/var/modules/dropbox-backup/soveryapt.net.tar' -level domains -filter list:soveryapt.net -ignore-sign 2>&1

More informations about possible command options for the "pleskrestore utility" cam be found here:

Not clear actually, as looking around the various searches wasn't particularly clear on the fact you need to upload the data to the server to be able to run it, and even when you do, it doesn't actually do the job.

The fact this error was coming from the GUI for the DropBox Backup as well was not clear at all that you had to therefore log into the CLI to run this. Especially given it doesn't make it clear that the DropBox Backup extension is just an extension to the Plesk Backup system to save it to DropBox instead of FTP or anywhere else.

In the end I just restored it all manually.

Back