• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Drweb behaving very badly with qmail - solution? uninstall

N

neuromancer

Hi y'all,
Quite clearly, there have been a lot of unpleasant surprises or side effects of going to Plesk Reloaded 7.5.3 (RHEL AS3). I have spent a hellish two weeks trying to get to the bottom of qmail problems. Granted I'm a newbie but:

(rant)
The way DrWeb is shipped with Plesk is very intrusive, disruptive and hard sell and I have come to the conclusion that I would never buy a key for this just out of principle, if not the steep price. This thing hijacked my qmail queue and wouldn't leave it be no matter if it was disabled, or scanning turned off on ALL accounts, or permissions fixed on both drweb and qmail. I was at my wit's end as one of my most important clients has been breathing down the metaphorical neck for the past 3 weeks with the proverbial hatchet. Well, the problem is gone. Those who have been concerned that uninstalling drweb would make Plesk balk, it's been no problem for me. After much research, I performed this 'hail mary' and unstalled it because I was in a corner:

# rpm -qa | grep "drweb" | xargs rpm -e

More on this: http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?t=55500

What a lovely, beautiful command.

This may have been suggested somewhere already but concerns were expressed. Well, fwiw it worked like a charm for me and I'm going to go with ClamAV once my blood pressure drops back to normal :)

yeah don't mess with DR WEB unless you start to use the new release(beta) of expand. Then you can have a dedicated mail server and only have to pay for 1 dr web license. I did the same thing though, bought 1 drweb lic and uninstalled and stuck with ClamAV all the way! BTW , use 4PSA's hide button script to remove the dr web buttons and many other buttons. I think that might be a new feature of 7.5.3, but i haven't checked it out yet.

regards,
poke

Back