• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dual processors..!

M

media@

Hello,
If i have dedicated server with Plesk installed, how do i know my machine has dual Xeon processor?

My panel only show this:

CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
Version psa v7.5.3_build75050607.13 os_FedoraCore 2
OS Linux 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp
Key number PLSK.
System Uptime: 3 day(s) 22:41

Or how can i check that they really give me dual xeon machine?

Thank you for your answer

SSH into the server, type:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
or

You should see 2 (or 4 if hyperthreading is enabled in the bios) CPU's

you are running a smp kernel ( Linux 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp) so you probably have more processors

Originally posted by eilko
you are running a smp kernel ( Linux 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp) so you probably have more processors
Not necessarily. IIRC releases of RH/FC automatically seclect the smp kernel for HT capable procs. So his machine could still only have one physical CPU but run the smp kernel.

in that case he will also see two procs when he has only one HT-enabled proc. So the only way to be sure is to check the bios?

If you have xeons with hyperthreading each cpu will show as two cpu's. the first cpu will be 0 and 1. the second cpu will be 2 and 3 and so forth.

in ssh.

If you do a "less /proc/cpuinfo" your going to see 4 cpu's if you have dual xeons with ht.

if you run the command "top" it will show your cpu's also and their current usage.

/proc/cpuinfo is more informative because it gives you the type and speed of each proc. In the case if you have hyperthreading, then your going to want to know the type. When i first got my dual xeon dedicated server i thought i actually had quad xeons by mistake :D

Back