• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dumb question....IP address type

T

tooljob

Is it possible to change an IP address from shared to exclusive???

Please tell me there is a way and how?

Thanks

TJ

Absolutely,

Click <SERVER><IP ADRESSES> then click on the ip address that you want to change. Select "Exclusive" and click okay.

Thanks Jack...

I got another issue. I changed to exclusive after adding the new IP. Now the page "cannot display this page comes up".

Any thoughts? I did also update the DNS too.

TJ

Let me be sure I understand. You had a website that worked on a shared IP. Was it by itself or with other sites? You changed the original IP from Shared to Exclusive after adding a second IP. Up to this point, there was no reason to change DNS. Go to <SERVER><DOMAINS> then click on the Domain in question. Then click on "Setup". Make sure the domain is using the correct IP.

Jack,

Ya it was setup originally as shared. We changed it to an exclusive IP now and updated the DNS to the new IP address. I can ping the hostname and it resolves to the correct domain.

But the no pages will load correctly. All I get a page trying to load and in the status bar saying "Waiting for http://blah.blah.com" and then goes to a screen saying "The page cannot be displayed"

? For the life of me I cant see why its not working....???

THanks
TJ

Did you restart "web services"? Log into the Control Panel. Go To <SERVER><SERVICES MANAGEMENT> then "stop" Web Server ( Apache ), then "start" Web Server ( Apache ). Be sure to do both steps ( stop and start ) and not the combined step of restart. I have had restart not work.

Jack

Ya I did that too. Still no go..I cant FTP either. I get connection refused message

Any other thoughts? Thanks too for all the help.

TJ

TJ,

looks like domain settings were corrupted or so

what did you done exactly?

what dns settings does domain have?
what about its ip?

try to reconfigure this domain with
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=<domain_name>

Back