• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dump Error

J

Jay8493432

When trying to run backup utility for plesk 7 Windows 2003 I keep getting the following error. "The Path Is Too Long After being Fully Qualified. Make Sure Path Is Less Than 260 Characters". I don't know what that is telling me. What path? It seems to be doing that when backing up mySQL databases. I would check the log but I have no idea where that log is stored on the server. Can someone explain this to me? It was working up until about a week ago and now everytime I run it I get that error.

Just tried again and watched closly. It fails at resolving links. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Hi,

I had the same problem.

The thing is that one or more of your domains has files that have the fully qualified path longer that 260 characters.

For example let d:\inetpub\vhosts be the folder where all your domain files are stored.
If you have domain.com hosted on your server, then the fully qualified path for it's index.html file is d:\inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs\index.html

The most probable cause of the error is that someone made a long-long directory structure in one of his folders (most probably in the ftp folder)

The only fix to this is to exclude that domain from the backup or alter the client's directory structure.

In my case, i deleted the whole content of one of the folders because the client was storing warez on the server :)

Hope this helps :p

Any news on this error?
I have the same thing on: psa v7.6.1_build20060711.21 os_Windows 5.2.3790.0
I have this to however I need to backup the domain.
I know the problem domain and I have written a little app that shows me all the files with long file paths/names.
The longest file I now have is 190 characters long. Way under the 260 that the error states..
The exact same files are backing up fine on another server with the same version of Plesk..
Help?
:confused:

dotnetdan,

I have the same problem, can you please send me the script that you written?

Thanks.

OK i have put up on a server

http://us.ssw.com.au/daniel/LongFileFinder.zip

Change settins in LongFileFinder.exe.config then run it.
It is very basic as it was just made in 3 mins to try to location this problem.

I hope SWSoft is working on this issue or gives us a better way to find the actual problem.

COMMON SSWSOFT!!

Does anyone get the feeling that swsoft don’t care about us?
This post has been here since 2005.

I just upgraded to Plesk 8.1 for Windows ONLY because I was in the hope that this issue was fixed…

It was not.. I still have the problem.
How can I backup the server? This is a big problem with the software.

Unless this gets resolved I will have to stop paying for Plesk and move to a different hosting panel

Back