• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dutch Language package

R

RobertS

Where is the dutch language package for 7.5.x for the windows version?

I found it for 7.x and for 7.5.x linux version but not for Windows.
I cannot believe that this language package is so much diufferent as the Linux package, so why not port it to windows or update the 7.x version to 7.5.x?

Why do we have to wait that long?

Because SW-Soft wants us (the users) to translate the package... which takes a loooooong time (there's alot of text, considering you have to translate all the help files as well, not just the interface).

They want us to translate it, so we can pay them $99 to use it. Great business model, right?

If only they would hire a translation agency, the job could have been done in less than a week (I called around). The price would be around $1000 to $1200. If SW-Soft would simply make this small investment (remember, they will earn it back twenty-fold with language pack purchases)... we'd all be happy.

But with many other things, none of us really understand the logic behind SW-Soft's decisions...

I think it will be better to contact SWsoft and make request of dutch language pack

John S.G.

Originally posted by JackL
I think it will be better to contact SWsoft and make request of dutch language pack

John S.G.

You can request all you want, they'll just say "it's not done yet, but you can help us!"... they should just hire a translation agency and be done with it.

Originally posted by Redah
You can request all you want, they'll just say "it's not done yet, but you can help us!"... they should just hire a translation agency and be done with it.

I think there were a small amount of requests, therefore SWsoft doesn't create package. However you can create ticket in RT. as feature request and your request will be posted to developers

John S.G.

I think there were a small amount of requests, therefore SWsoft doesn't create package. However you can create ticket in RT. as feature request and your request will be posted to developers

John S.G.

This is actual bullshit (sorry for my bad word choice)
The dutch language is allready available for 7.1 reloaded and 7.5 linux, so why a feature request for 7.5 windows?
SW-Soft simply has to release a version, we paided for the dutch language addon when we still used 7.1, after an upgrade to 7.5 suddenly there is no dutch language available.

7.5 is allready out now for a while, they had time enough to release the dutch language files, my language licence is now useless, a refund was not possible (I contacted my reseller about this).

So adding a feature request to sw-soft is simply stupid because the language file should be default available as it is for the Linux versions!

Originally posted by RobertS
This is actual bullshit (sorry for my bad word choice)
The dutch language is allready available for 7.1 reloaded and 7.5 linux, so why a feature request for 7.5 windows?
SW-Soft simply has to release a version, we paided for the dutch language addon when we still used 7.1, after an upgrade to 7.5 suddenly there is no dutch language available.

7.5 is allready out now for a while, they had time enough to release the dutch language files, my language licence is now useless, a refund was not possible (I contacted my reseller about this).

So adding a feature request to sw-soft is simply stupid because the language file should be default available as it is for the Linux versions!

Sorry Robert

But there can be more causes:
1. Linux percentage increases in web servers segment
2. Market in your country can tend to Linux servers
etc.,
Once again sorry, but I again suggest for you and Redah and others webhosters just request feature. Believe that sometimes "quantity can turn to quality" :)

John S.G.

Sorry Robert

But there can be more causes:
1. Linux percentage increases in web servers segment
2. Market in your country can tend to Linux servers
etc.,
Once again sorry, but I again suggest for you and Redah and others webhosters just request feature. Believe that sometimes "quantity can turn to quality" :)

John S.G.

We have been requesting it, over and over and over again. Not just RobertS and me, but also alot of other people on this board (beart or pixypumpkin or what's he called), as well as people on other boards, every dutch person I know that uses Plesk (alot) have been requesting it. The difference between Plesk for Linux and Plesk for Windows (language-wise) isn't that big.

SWSoft just won't do it. They screwed us with version 6.5, they released it for 7.0 when a few months later 7.5 would be out... they really just don't care.

All they want is money, money, and more important: money.

No customer service. Let's see, I've paid well over 2 or 3000 dollars for Plesk for my Windows, Linux machines, language packs, extra add-ons, extra domains, etc. They respond extremely quickly when you ask them stuff about buying. Once you've bought it, and you ask for the Dutch language pack (which they assure you is available when you want to buy it), they say "oh wait, it's not available... why don't you translate it?"

Come on... You see, Microsoft has high prices for their software. But they include support (if you're a business), they talk to their customers (be it via MSDN, other forums, you name it). SWSoft? They put up a forum (just so nobody else does) but don't help people out here. They know what we know: once you've paid, there's no turning back, no refunds, no nothing, you just have to wait till SWSoft decides it's time.

SWsoft support is one of the cheapest in the software business, isn't it?
SWsoft even supports maintaining third party products, when you make mistakes like directly editing IIS,MailEnable and so on.
You say only money that is all SWsoft need, but each new version include more and more possibilities for free (included in price). More than that you can even free upgrade between versions 7.x -> 7.5.x
OK, sorry – I will post reference to this thread to our managers. I believe it is simply misunderstanding that dutch language pack is not yet ready.

John S.G.

SWsoft support is one of the cheapest in the software business, isn't it?
SWsoft even supports maintaining third party products, when you make mistakes like directly editing IIS,MailEnable and so on.
You say only money that is all SWsoft need, but each new version include more and more possibilities for free (included in price). More than that you can even free upgrade between versions 7.x -> 7.5.x
OK, sorry – I will post reference to this thread to our managers. I believe it is simply misunderstanding that dutch language pack is not yet ready.

John S.G.

Not true.

#1: You cannot upgrade freely, you can only upgrade if you have an active SUS. This is understandable, though, as development costs have to be paid for. I have no problem with the SUS, but no, you cannot upgrade 'free'. I just had to set that straight.

#2: The added posibilites are not free either. Remember when SWSoft announced AntiSpam support? Everyone was estatic, everyone loved it. They didn't add that for free (even though spamassassin is free). They charged money for it. But again, this is understandable, as the development costs have to be paid. TomCat (which is free) support? Nope, paid. Microsoft SQL Support free? Nope, paid. Counterstrike or Battelfield modules for free? Again, the list continues, no, you have to pay.

You know just as well as I do that every new feature SWSoft adds has to be paid for. But really, that's not a problem to me! I own my own business, I understand fully well that development costs have to be paid for. Sometimes we get things for free, like Watchdog, which is really great. Offering SiteBuilder for Windows for free is also great. This keeps us cusomters happy, we like small things like that.

#3: SWSoft support one of the cheapes in the software business? $150 per hour ??? Cheap? You really have got to be kidding me. It's not cheap. True, the technicians seem to be very skilled, so that's a big plus. I'm not mad about that. You pay alot, but you get great technical support. Perfect.

All that isn't such a problem for me (although I do think that SWSoft seems to care more about money than their consumers... if they wanted to keep their consumers happy, they would let some engineers cruise these boards once a week). Help us out with simple problems. Listen to our voices.

What is a problem is that we pay for a dutch language pack, and we don't get one. Picture this: I sell you a car (car version 7.0), with a blue chassis. But you love red, and hate blue. So I say, okay, we'll release a red chassis, and you can buy it for a small price. You're happy, you buy the red chassis.

But then we notice that car 7.0 has to be improved (we noticed the brakes don't work), and we release car 7.5, which has all the new security features. You wouldn't be smart to keep driving car 7.0, because you could get an accident. But then, on car 7.5, even though you paid for a red chassis, we won't give you one. We'll only offer you a blue one. Even though you paid for the red one. How would you feel? That's exactly how we feel.

Anyway, do you work for SW-Soft? If you do, it's great to see that someone from SW-Soft replies on these boards (just like someone else (from technical support?) did in threads I replied to). Let your people browse these forums and see what's asked for.

Thanks for reading (and replying) :)

Redah
I've reported issue. As soon as it will be available, we'll post reply here

John S.G.

Thank you very much, really. It's good to see someone from SWSoft talk to us on these boards. :)

By the way, a year or so ago, an administrator on this board told us that they were prepping a team to browse these forums and help people out. Whatever happened with that idea?

Good job for SWSoft then :)

I'll keep this topic in my mind, I hope to see you say "You've got your dutch language!" very soon :)

Hi Redah and all dutch people

I don't want to give you a false hope, but today one of our managers has said that Dutch language pack will be available in about 1-1.5 month.
As soon as there will be any update I will post it here

Thanks

John S.G.

Great news! This is exactly how customer relations should be handled :)

Sooo... it's been 5 months (!) later.

Plesk for Windows 8.0 should be released soon. Does this mean we'll never see a Dutch language pack again?

For god's sake, spend some money. I know plenty of translation agencies that would want to translate for you. I can give you the information... let them translate, pay them, and give us our language pack!

Explain to me, please, why exactly we paid for the language packs again?

Why translate it now, when version 8 will be available soon. ow..... Let me guess......... that one will not have a dutch translation as well.

If I would support like this, i think i would be soon out of customers. :mad:

I have been waiting for over one year for the dutch language pack now.

when i needed information to purchase the product swsoft ensured me the dutch language pack would be available shortly, and i even remember that they asked help from the community to translate. I replied to the email in that topic and said i would want to help.

but no reply.

This thread started in, what november 2005? Someone said a language pack for the dutch language would be out in 1 to 1.5 months.

For crying out loud its now end of april 2006 and still no dutch language pack. I don't even have words to describe how angry i am.

Forget about the dutch language pack, i'm moving on to helm and i never ever will consider buying another sw-soft product EVER AGAIN.

Originally posted by blkraven
Forget about the dutch language pack, i'm moving on to helm and i never ever will consider buying another sw-soft product EVER AGAIN.

I think alot of people feel the same way... it's seriously a waste of money. It's $99 that's down the drain. It may be a small amount of money for us with companies, but still, it's $99! Besides, it's the principle that counts... you can't grow a business by throwing away money.

If only SW-Soft knew how many of MY customers (which are indirectly SW-Soft's userbase) are begging for a Dutch language pack...

Back