• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

E-Mail account not working after upgrading to Plesk 11

MarkusBomke

New Pleskian
Hello

i upgraded from 10.4 to 11.0.9 a week ago. So far everything is working properly exept for one point.

I have an E-mail account [email protected] that was working correctly under 10.4. Now with 11.0.9 i got the problem that everytime I try to access this Account via Imap i got the following errormessage "LOGIN- User Account does not have access tho this service (BAD)", if i try via POP3 i get "Unable to log on".

I tried changing the password for this account, and even deleting the account and creating it from the scratch. The error still exist. Also a complete server restart doesn´t change anything. I have this problem with any new E-mail Account i try to create.

If i try to send an E-Mail to the adress i get the following: Reason: Remote SMTP Server Returned: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

Anyone a clue what I can do?

Update: I run two different webspaces on this server, on the second webspace the E-mail accounts are working correctly, also the access to a fresh installed account is possible.

Last edited:
Which mail server you are using with your server mail enable or smarter mail? If possible provide us the login details we will check it for you.

Back