• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

E-mail problem to localdomain

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with sending e-mails (with php) to local domains that have a external mailserver.
Plesk try's to diliver the messages at the localbox.

How can I fix this?

Best regards,
Tim

You just need to switch the email service off for the domain(s) in question. You can do this via the Mail tab for the Subscription in question. I think it is under settings on that tab? Just remove the tick box from the appropriate box.

With email enabled for a domain, the DNS settings are ignored. This is why you need to switch it off.

Or just send mails through SMTP and you won't have any problems, i've noticed on few servers and my clients had same problem with this php mail.

Ah. This is interesting.

I thought that, if you had more than one domain in a Subscription, it was not possible to individually switch off email per domain -- only for all domains within the Subscription.

But from Igor is saying, maybe I'm wrong?

But if I'm right then to solve your problem you just need to move the domain in question into its own Subscription, from where you'll be able to switch off email via the panel itself.

Ah. This is interesting.

I thought that, if you had more than one domain in a Subscription, it was not possible to individually switch off email per domain -- only for all domains within the Subscription.

But from Igor is saying, maybe I'm wrong?

But if I'm right then to solve your problem you just need to move the domain in question into its own Subscription, from where you'll be able to switch off email via the panel itself.

I myself would like to see in future versions of Plesk this options to turn off mail service - per domain within subscription, because if you turn off mail servers for subscriptions, it will effect every domain that is under it (of course, just saying, I know you know that :D ).

Anyway, creating subscription for every domain is not solution, e.g. check this case:
- as a hosting company you're selling package XY that contains e.g. 3 domains in package with e.g. 6GBs of disk space - now, solution is not to create every domain with this service plan, because each of them will have this limit I've mentioned and that is 2x more then client is paying, in other words you would have to divide limit / 3 per subscription and that is not solution because one domain can use e.g. 4GB of disk space, one 1.5GB and one 0.5GB, and then you have problems (and for each limit like that)

Just from --help option:

-mail_service <true|false> Turns on/off the mail service (default: true)

At least when I disable mailservice for subscription and then enable it for one domain in subscription with 'domain' utility I see with --info option that mailservice is disabled for all domains in subscription except one.

Back