• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

e-mail redirect ???

C

chiefgofor

Hello everyone,
I have spent some time trying to figure this out, but I have not had any luck. :confused: We have a client that has opted not to use the email on the server. They want all email sent to "[email protected]" sent to "[email protected]". I know that I can set up "[email protected]" and then forward it to the other email address, but it leaves a copy. Eventually, the info@ box will fill up. Is there anyway that I can have it forward and not retain a copy??? Or, is there a way that I can have it redirect without setting up the info@ mailbox at all? ... and just have it "redirect" the email to the roadrunner email.
Okay, I think that I have stated my case. If this confuses anyone, please just let me know. Thank You Very Much in advance!!!

You can setup a catch-all per domain, or when you setup the mailbox do not enable the Mailbox type, enable only the Forward. In this way messages will not be stored.

Thank you for your reply. At least now I know that there is a way to do it. The only issue now is that catchall accounts are usually full of spam. :-/ Is this the only way??

Carnt you login into the "Mail" section of "theirdomain.com".

Click "Add New Mail Name"

mail name = info

untick control panel and mailbox.
Click "OK"

Then click "redirect", stick the "[email protected]" address into the textbox and "tick" the box. And click ok?

Does that do what you require?

Thank you thomaspr!!!

That did the trick.

For those wondering how to do this, you have to set up a redirect for your email address in question, then disable teh mailbox.

Back