• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question EC2 Plesk obsidian,Can I re-use my Plesk account in an ec2 .?

aravindPlesk

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.49_build1800230110.16
I used the Plesk Obsidian On Ubuntu - WordPress & Website Hosting Environment AMI, to setup dev and staging sites. Let us call this the dev-and-stg-ec2 instance.
We have to set up a new EC2 to host our production site, let us call this Prod-ec2, I have the following questions .?
  • Can I use the same Plesk account used in dev-and-stg-ec2 on my Prod-ec2 ( new instance )
  • Or should I create the Prod-ec2 ( new instance ) from scratch using the Plesk Obsidian On Ubuntu - WordPress & Website Hosting Environment AMI.?
1677469219547.png

Hi,
If I understood you correctly, this is kind of licensing question. If you have 2 Plesk instances, you will need 2 license key per each server.
Let me know if this is not the case.

There is some AWS magic, if you clone the first instance, it will be automatically billed as a second instance with Plesk. Meanwhile, it will be a clone. In case of cloning, Plesk suggests to reset everything on Plesk by special CLI command, but it is NOT a solution there because it also resets a license.

I would suggest to create a new server to have two different servers with different license keys and so on. If you need to migrate one of subscription from the "staging" server to the "production" server, you can use the Plesk Migrator extension.

Hi,
If I understood you correctly, this is kind of licensing question. If you have 2 Plesk instances, you will need 2 license key per each server.
Let me know if this is not the case.
thank you Nikolay, your understanding was rite, this clarifies my doubt. I will have two different ec2's ( servers ) , each having its own Plesk licenses. I have a follow up questions.
  1. I will have DEV and STG site on one server ( with its own Plesk license ), where I will do development work.
  2. I will have another server for my Production site ( with its own Plesk license ).
  3. How will I move my new changes which I do in my DEV and STG server into the PROD server .?
  4. Does Plesk provide any means to move changes between different servers with different Licenses .?
Thank you.

There is some AWS magic, if you clone the first instance, it will be automatically billed as a second instance with Plesk. Meanwhile, it will be a clone. In case of cloning, Plesk suggests to reset everything on Plesk by special CLI command, but it is NOT a solution there because it also resets a license.

I would suggest to create a new server to have two different servers with different license keys and so on. If you need to migrate one of subscription from the "staging" server to the "production" server, you can use the Plesk Migrator extension.
Thank you AYamshanov for the reply.

• How will I move my new changes which I do in my DEV and STG server into the PROD server .?
  • Does Plesk provide any means to move changes between different servers with different Licenses .?
You can use Plesk Migrator extension and move subscriptions between Plesk servers
You can use Site Import feature
And you can use Git extension to pull source code changes on your PROD server. You can configure local Git repository on DEV server

Back