• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Launching AWS EC2 instance using Plesk AMI

test21

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian
I see the following warning displayed when trying to launch an EC2 instance using the Plesk AMI:

Under the 'Configure Storage' section:

The selected AMI contains more instance store volumes than the instance allows. Only the first 0 instance store volumes from the AMI will be accessible from the instance

I tried different server types, including the recommended m5a.large instance, but the message always shows up.
There is an explanation of this error on stackoverflow: "The selected AMI contains more instance store volumes than the instance allows" no matter which AMI I pick

Basically the Plesk AMI requires an instance volume, but that is not allowed.
Should I ignore this error or will this create problems?

I am using the following AMI:

Plesk Obsidian for Web Admin Special Edition Server (Ubuntu 22.04)

To follow up on my previous post. When trying to launch the EC2 instance I am getting the following error:

Instance launch failed
The instance configuration for this AWS Marketplace product is not supported. Please see the AWS Marketplace site for more information about supported instance types, regions, and operating systems.

How can you launch the 'Plesk Obsidian on Ubuntu (Web Admin Edition SE - FREE)' on EC2?

I followed the manual at: Installing Plesk on Amazon EC2

but it just doesn't work.

Back