• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Editing php.ini file

stokiesteiner

New Pleskian
Everytime I try and change the php.ini file i get this error

Error: Unable to edit file //etc/php.ini: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/cp command.

could this be a problem permissions?

any advice any one?

Last edited:
File Manager? Am not sure there is a way you can edit that /etc/php.ini in file manager. However your perhaps are talking about the individual php settings for a domain name.

If you wish to edit /etc/php.ini then you MUST use SHELL

I have tried using shell, but it says that i dont have the necessary permissions.

I thought i had full permissions seeing as its my server and im the admin, dont suppose you know which permissions i need?

Only root is allowed to edit /etc/php.ini file.

If you try to edit /etc/php.ini using build-in filemanager, then you realy open the file /var/www/vhosts/<your-domain>/etc/php.ini
Anyway it could be modified by root only too.

i have tried logging in as root, but it just shows up as my normal user :S

could it be possible to cheat and make a user account called root and try editing it?

The only way to modify server-wide settings in /etc/php.ini is to login in shell by root.
Possibly you should ask server owner for it.

I've root access to SHELL, and I can see php.ini file at <DOMAIN>/etc/php.ini

How can change some config values in php.ini using SHELL?

In Plesk 11.5 file /var/www/vhosts/<your-domain>/etc/php.ini was moved to /var/www/vhosts/system/<your-domain>/etc/php.ini

Back