• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email account limits ignored

H

Hostasaurus@

In Plesk 7.5.2/7.5.3, even though domains have limits set for max number of mailboxes set, a user is still able to create mailboxes over that limit without any warning or overage notification like disk and transfer overages receive.

e.g., we have a max of 10 allowed mailboxes, unlimited fowards on an account. Last check user had created 19 mailboxes. We only noticed it while looking in plesk at the domain summary info. What's the point of the limit then? Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Thank you
Jen

No responses? :) Does that mean that no one else has noticed that the mailbox quotas don't work, or it is just me?

In 7.5.3, mailbox creation has always worked for me. If I set a Client limit, then the total of the domains cannot exceed it. If I set a Domain limit, it will not let even me, the admin, go over that limit.

You are not referring to quotas, right? But actual number of mailboxes per Client and per Domain.

I have run across this before since not all my clients or domain admins want to do things, so I do it for them, and I always forget to check their limits first and have gotten errors until I raise the limits. Then I modify their billing to the next level of service for more mailboxes... :D

Thanks for the reply, I am using 7.5.3 and am referring to the Limits on the number of mailboxes/mail groups/etc.

I have the max mailboxes on the domains set at 10, client limit is also 10, but the client has managed to create 14 mailboxes on the domain. I'm able to log in as their account and create more as well without any warnings. This is occuring on more then one PSA server, all with 7.5.3. The disk and transfer quota warnings work as expected.

Do you get a hard warning when trying to exceed the limit, or is it just reported the same way as disk and transfer overage?

I get a hard warning/error, it won't allow me to exceed the limit. Then I have to go back to either the Client or Domain limits and change it there first.

Was your server upgraded from an earlier version?

Have you used the Server Updater to get the latest?

Edit: Ok, I just tried it again with a fresh test server running 7.5.3/RH9. Set the Client limit to 3, set the Domain limit to 1. Was able to create 6 mailboxes.

So I guess something got buggy, I know it worked at one time before.... oh god, am I losing my mind??!!

Sometimes I'm glad we havent upgraded to the latest version yet. Maybe they'll work out bugs like these first. ;-)

I have the same problem too and I'm kinda angry about it.I'm gonna open a ticket to their support.

Take a look at this :
Resource :
Mailboxes Used: 6 Allowed:5

and this is copy/paste from the info resource page of one domain.

no matter the limit u can add and add mailboxes....

I found out this today while I was trying to build email hosting packages.

They replied instantly with :
this is a known issue that will be fixed in Plesk 7.5.4.

and they sent me hotfix (a php file to replace).

Now its working.

Could you please share the patched .php file with us?

Thanks a lot

I'm sorry, a long time has passed, I dont remember which file it was.

Back