• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Addresses appearing in emails

sroe

New Pleskian
Can anyone help me with a problem I have. I have a user (User-A) that has emailed a second user (User-B). This has been delivered into their mailbox and I can see this in maillog. I can also see a copy of the mail going to a 3rd party as User-B has a redirect setup on their account.

Config: Plesk 9.5.4 with QMail

Now the odd bit.

User-A has received a bounce message from my server detailing that the message could be delivered to a number of new (never previously seen) email addresses. These email addresses don't appear in maillog.
The bounce message is consistent to other failure messages raised by the server, the header of the bounce message only lists the server as the only MTA and there is a message reference number that does appear in maillog.
None of the failed email addresses/server ip addresses appear in maillog, just the appearance of the bounce message (with no connection information).

Does anyone have any idea where these additional email addresses are coming from.

Last edited:
I have the same issue happening now and I can't find how the emails get inserted, I checked the qmail handlers, php scripts, nothing running on

Qmail
Plesk 9.5.4

It's random BCC emails added everytime something is send via the Qmail server. Does anybody have an idea?

Back