• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Email client doesn't access

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
I've configured the mail server and I receive email in webmail (Roundcube), but I'm not able to configure a client like Thunderbird, Outlook or in Android.
I've tried with domain.tld and mail.domain.tld, with port 143 and 993 (557 in outgoing), with STARTSLL and SSL/TLS, with password "normal" and "secure".
Nothing!

What is the correct configuration?

These port are enabled in the VPS's firewall and the Plesk's firewall is enabled.

Plesk is 17.5.3#37 into Ubuntu 16.04
I've used this information:
2. Access Your Mailbox

Last edited:
What do you mean by "nothing!"? What exactly is happening when you try to access the mail service through Thunderbird or Outlook? Any error messages?

For example, TB testing for a minute and then shows a error about username or password wrong, instead are right

Attachments

• Thunderbird.png
    Thunderbird.png
    45 KB · Views: 3
It seems that you are trying to connect via secure connection to your domain name, not your host name. As there is no valid SSL/TLS certificate for a mailserver on your domain name this will throw errors. Instead, protect your host name with the host SSL certificate for the mail service and use your host name as mail-in and mail-out server name (IMAP/SMTP).

I have tried also with no secure connection.
However I use a Let's encript certificate for domain, webmail.domain and mail.domain.

Mail1.png Mail3.png

The certificate does not protect the mail server. The mail server is using the host computer's certificate. You need to use the host name in the mail configuraton not the domain name.

It seems that some very basic requirements are not met. You need to first set a hostname in /etc/hosts and also set Plesk to use that host name:

plesk02.jpg

Then you need to install an SSL certificate for the host and use that certificate for the protection of Plesk and the mail service.

plesk01.jpg

I have only customer domains or for test.
So I need to buy a domain to associate with the server.

It was not expected that the e-mail services should be activated here.
In fact it is the first time that I configure a mail server.
Thanks again for your patience

I assigned a hostname to a domain.
I created the certificate for the hostname and mail.
Assigned as default certificate
I used the hostname in Th underbird, using different combinations of access and password options.
I still cannot configure the account.

Attachments

• hostname.png
    hostname.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 8
  • SSl-Mail.png
    SSl-Mail.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 8
Have you tested and verified, that the ports are indeed accessible? For example by trying to connect through telnet to them?

Hi, I have exactly same issue. The admin ([email protected]) of my wordpress site (domain.com) doesn't receive the notification mails because Plesk is not letting going out the mails as destinary email is already inside the server ([email protected]).
But [email protected] received mails from others domain.
So I posted a question on stackoverflow but no one gave me answer:
My admin wordpress doesn't receive notification mails

Could you please kindly explain me how did you fix your issue please?

Back