• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Email corruption on Outlook when DKIM enabled on server

Ciaran

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have upgraded my Plesk to Onyx on a Centos 6 server and I enabled DKIM checking on incoming emails. Clients who use MS Outlook immediately reported that their emails were being displayed as the source text (i.e. headers and encoded attachments etc) and they could not access the attachments or see the email subject or sender without scrolling through the text. The same emails display correctly in Thunderbird and at least some mobile clients.

When I look at the source of the emails I can see that the first two header lines are DKIM related and these are the cause of the problem. These two lines end with CR/LF whereas all the other lines in the message end with LF only. If I manually edit the message in the mailbox on the server and remove the two Carriage Returns then the emails display correctly in Outlook.

Authentication-Results: myserver.mydomain.net;
dkim=pass (good signature) [email protected]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Original-To: [email protected]
Delivered-To: [email protected]

Can anyone suggest how I can configure the server to use Line Feeds only when adding in the Authentication-Results: header lines?

Regards

Ciaran

Update is expected this week.
I also have this issue - In the headers I can see ^M when viewing the message in mutt on the first two lines of the header which relate to DKIM verification - Seems to be related to MU14 and libopendkim-2.11.0-0.1.el6-x86_64

Also this is not only seen by Outlook Clients but also Thunderbird and others that are sensitive to header malformation.

Let's just say it is a stable alpha. So much so that it was included in epel repository.

Back