• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email filtering

D

Dave Meindl

Hello,

I am trying to use email filters to prevent receiving junk email when I download my email using Outlook. I set up a filter with one of my mailboxes to delete all incoming mail that does not have a specific subject line. I chose the option to run this filter during Login. It works great when I log into the Plesk control panel (i.e. When I send a junk email to that box with the wrong subject line and then log into that mailbox, I get a nice message telling me that an email was automatically deleted - so far - so good).

However, when I use MS Outlook to download my emails from the server -the filter is not applied and I still receive the junk email in my Outlook inbox.

Is there anything I can do to have the filter act on ALL email as soon as it arrives at the server? I would like it to be deleted before I even try to download my email from the server using MS Outlook.

Thanks for any help,
Dave Meindl

Back