• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email forwarding programatically with PHP

BoydBC

New Pleskian
HI, I would like to know if it is possible to allow customers on Plesk Panel to update the email address to which their emails are forwarded without giving access to the Panel. The thing is that we have a client who has a website with us and that client has lots of ATV clubs that they want to each give a email address to. They don't want to have to edit the email forwards each time a club Director changes and they want to be able to give them the opportunity to change it themselves without giving them access to their Plesk control panel.

I can do the programming, but only if this is possible with Plesk and I would need to know the way to be able to edit the email forwards already present in Plesk.

Another way that I could do it if possible would be to keep the forwards in a database and run a script server-side when emails to that particular domain are received, but I would need to know when I should run the script, where to call it from and how to forward the email to the address I would want to forward to.

Please advise as I am sure someone else asked for something similar, but I did not find any answers on the forums and in the knowledgebase.

Does anyone actually know how to implement such a feature? We build our own CMS and it would be nice if we could add this feature into our CMS for future clients. Also if possible a way to create new emails and manage their emails using the CMS provided instead of doing it via Plesk. Our clients really love our CMS since it is easy to use for people with minimal computing skills.

Answer please

Can anyone from Plesk answer my question? A simple yes or no answer would be quite easy... Please, anyone....

Back