• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email-Forwarding

P

ProfiTiger

I have a little question which I hope is simple to answer for the pros in this forum.
I could not find any good answer in the plesk-doku nor in this forum.
I have two domains (domain1.tld and domain2.tld). In Plesk, I have domain1.tld as full domain with email-adresses and dns an it works fine. domain2.tld ist a standard-forwarding to domain1.tld. There is a mx-entry in domain2.tld pointing to mail.domain1.tld. My problem is, that mails sent to [email protected] are not forwarded to [email protected]. To fix this, i have to create the adress box1 under domain2.tld an make there an forwarding to [email protected].
This is a very bad issue because I have to do this for about 200 mboxes, which are changing often.
Is there an other solution so that all emails for domain2.tld are forwarded automaticly to domain1.tld?
Thanx ;)

In the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file, you will see and entry for your domain1.tld and it's prefix number.

Change the domain2.tld prefix number to be the same as that of domain1.tld

If you don't want to maintain different sets of website files and wish for domain2.tld's website to also be the same as domain1.tld, then instead of Physical Hosting for domain2.tld, you should then set that for either Standard or Frame forwarding to domain1.tld, then make sure the virtualhosts file entry is still present.

Edit: corrected filename, I'm really getting senile!

Thank you jamesyeeoc,
this workaround worked perfect! My qmail-file was named "virtualdomains". I'm wondering why sw-soft is not integrating this in plesk. If I forward a domains webcontent, then it is obvious that I will forward emails to. (Yes, I already use domainforwarding (standard) for domain2.tld to domain1.tld)
Does it make sense if domainforwarding is enabled, I can eventough add mailmoxes to the forwarded domain??? Before having the plesk-box, we had a Sun cobalt Raq4 which made this automaticly after adding an mx-handler for domain2.tld pointing to mail.domain1.tld.
I hope I can remember this thread when I need it once more ;)
Greetings from Germany,
ProfiTiger

You are absolutely correct about 'virtualdomains', my brain sometimes does strange things...

Different servers may not use Qmail or maybe not in the same fashion. Changing the domain prefix number is a quite simple solution.

There had been some talk about Plesk integrating this, but in any case 4PSA's Total Domains GUI addon does this, they call it 'Parking' (does both the web and email).

If you don't remember later, then that may give me a chance to get the filename right LOL

Back