• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email not sent to specific remote mailserver

• Thread starter Richard Fleming
  • Start date
R

Richard Fleming

Hello - We run a client whose website is on our Plesk controlled machine, but whose e-mail server and DNS is on another remote site. If we try to send email from a Plesk mail account to an address on the remote nothing is sent and the msg reads "no mailbox here by that name", but strangely the msg comes from the mail.accountname.com e-mail address that I am trying to send FROM, not the remote mailserver's name as would normally be the case. For example, if I send from [email protected] to [email protected] the msg says that there is no mailbox for [email protected].

The DNS for the website of the domain name I am trying to send from is not running on the PLESK machine (turned off).

So, I don't understand why Plesk mail substitutes the sending mailserver for the receiving mailserver. Mail sent from other machines to the account in question works fine, as does mail sent from one Plesk based server to another client mailbox on the same machine. The only difference seems to be that the DNS and mail serverice is running locally on the one's that work, and remotely in the case of the problem domain.

Assistance would be appreciated.

Back