• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Email not working and delivering to accounts on server if I Install Plesk Emil security

jammer699669

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlamLinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 update 1
I have had so many issues with plesk and managed to do wok arounds for most. Email is a major issue You can not just install spam assassin because it will not work you have to use their extensions. In this case Plesk email security. when I set that up what happens is ALL inbound mail gets stuck in the que and not delivered to the accounts. for some reason it can not (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused) see the issue and it still will not flush. and then you can't flush it out of the que and force it to deliver the mail once I removed spamassassin ..postqueue -f doesn't do it and neither does postfix flush . this is what I had to do systemctl stop postfix mailq postsuper -r ALL deferred systemctl start postfix mailq.

Bear in mInd Plesk has set everything up and I have not touched any config files.

I need the spam assassin working so any suggestions?

Ok tried all of that and
systemctl status amavisd
× amavisd.service - Amavis mail content checker
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/amavisd.service; enabled; preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2024-04-29 12:59:23 AEST; 35s ago
Duration: 203ms
Docs: amavisd-new
Process: 16234 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf $ARGS (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 16240 (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)
CPU: 1.636s

Apr 29 12:59:23 lexx.itechecom.biz systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Apr 29 12:59:23 lexx.itechecom.biz systemd[1]: Stopped Amavis mail content checker.
Apr 29 12:59:23 lexx.itechecom.biz systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Consumed 1.636s CPU time.
Apr 29 12:59:23 lexx.itechecom.biz systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Apr 29 12:59:23 lexx.itechecom.biz systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 29 12:59:23 lexx.itechecom.biz systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavis mail content checker.

and email is still locked in the que

Back