• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email outside domain doesn't work

H

hellfish

Hi, I'm having problems configuring e-mail accounts for my domains as they only work within the same domain and this is no good. If I try to send them to an address outside the domain e-mail I get the following message:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server.
The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'.
Subject 'teste', Account: 'somedomain.pt', Server: 'somedomain.pt',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
Another problem is that I can't retreive mail using Outlook, I get connected but then I receive the following timeout:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'somedomain.pt', Server: 'somedomain.pt', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10054, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have plesk Mail relay set to Open, so I don't understand what the problem is.

Also I should say that the accounts are created because I can see the mails there with Horde but even from here I can't send e-mail to a diferent domain.

Are you sure that A record mail.domain.dk and mx records are set correctly in your dns config?

remember that outgoing mails through plesk is default set to "authorize smtp" - so you need to set this in outlook as well.

:cool:

/Jacob

www.eze.dk

The problem finally was solved, as I was told it was the firewall that was not accuratly configured.

Thank you very much for your answer

How did you resolve this. Same things happening to me.

DUKom2

Unfortunatly I can't say because it wasn't solved by me. It was the support from the company from where we bought the server that did it. All I know is that he said that he configured the server...
pop3 e-mail did start to work I believe but I still can't send e-mails using the simple Mail() function

Anyone else have a clue? MX and A record are in place. SMTP settings are set to authenticate against MailEnable list only. Really weird.

RJB

PS- Windows 2003 Web Edititon w/ Plesk 7.5 Mail Enable Standard

I'm getting:

There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient [[email protected]]: Invalid response code received from server

[email protected] is just for privacy. I'm trying another email address on another machine.

damn, I'm getting the same error again... they fixed this, now its not working again... yes, I'm getting that message from Horde and Mailbox not local on php scripts and Outlook

I could not get the SMTP Auth working even when plesk fixed it would stop working so i have just set my server to open relay.:(

I have my server setup so you have to pop in first to authenticate in order to send email(this eliminates the open relay). This helped me to be able to setup an email client off the network of the server within an outlook client and send email.

for error 0x800CCC0F:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514

Are you using the complete email address for the account name to login with? Also use that domains mail records for the pop3 and smtp server (usually the MX preference 10 record)

Also here is a site to test for open relay:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~remmie/relay/

Work on closing that open relay

hope that helps,
joe

Back