• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email / PHP / Mime problems

M

meistaiwan

Hi,
I've just upgraded to the newest Plesk version, and a very odd thing has started happening. I have extra Mime headers added to every single one of my emails, for no apparent reason. I've had to edit my oscommerce and my custom mail() php script to compensate for this...for example:

MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: osCommerce
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
----------
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64
-----------
Between the --------'s are new mime headers which confuse the **** outta email clients, like outlook and firefox, not knowing which ones to use. I've had to hack up my oscommerce sites because the email is pure jibberish, and rewrite my own custom mailform that uses php mail() function to not put in mime headers so they aren't a pair of them in there. What the hell is going on? I've got a fedora core 2 install, everything was working fine, then after the upgrade to 7.5.3, these extra mime headers are added to every php email sent out. Anyone experiencing or know what's going on here??

I had the same problem at one point, and I'm trying to remember what fixed it. It was a setting in the php.ini file.

Check this line and tell me if it's commented out or not:
mbstring.func_overload = 7

What does Plesk 7.5 call the php.ini?

Was this issue ever resolved?

I had the same problem, you're right commenting out mbstring.func_overload = 7 in php.ini fixed the problem.
And for anyone doing the same keyword search looking for a fix, heres
sendmail php corrupt garbled messages.

Those are the words I used and couldn't find anything. If it wasnt't for checking the mime headers, I'd still be in trouble ...

thanks

Back