• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email problems after 8.4.0 update

Same here!

This is a very critical issue, as no incoming e-mails are processed!

mail_auth_dump: Unable to clear mail authentication database: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

System error 2: No such file or directory
mail_auth_dump: Unable to clear mail authentication database: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

System error 2: No such file or directory

I traced what happens...

...and saw this with strace when i run mail_auth_dump:

stat("/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/DB_CONFIG", 0x7fff46195e70) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/DB_CONFIG", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/__db.001", 0x7fff46195df0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/__db.001", O_RDWR) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/__db.001", O_RDWR) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/__db.001", 0x7fff46195f50) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

How can we restore/create these db-files?

neph, try this

Backup your files in /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth
Remove all files in /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth
Run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_dump

Run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk

Reporting, Ubuntu 7.10 Plesk 8.4

Got mail checking working by adding the 'shortnames' trick above, but 'mail_auth_dump' and 'mchk' still report errors (and panics)

mail_auth_dump: Unable to commit changes to mail authentication database: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
mchk: /opt/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_dump execution failed:
not a restored transaction
PANIC: Invalid argument
mail_auth_dump: Unable to commit changes to mail authentication database: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
mchk: /opt/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_dump execution failed:
not a restored transaction
PANIC: Invalid argument

Also downgraded libdb4.4 ... nothing

What's the 'database recovery' thing ?

Official 'mail_fix.sh' doesn't work eighter

Clueless ... Thanks again Plesk !

My problem is solved by editing my clamav config...
Removed following options:

#ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio 300
#ArchiveBlockMax no

Greetings to all!!!
In advance I am sorry for the English.
Reading a forum I so anywhere also have not found the decision apropos poppasswd. Why it is empty in version 8.4.0 support keyweb cannot help.
Whether module replacement authpsa from version 8.3 will help?
And in general somebody knows where passwords are stored? In poppasswd they simply are not present, then where they are?!
Thanks, friends!
Help me pls!!!!!!

post #123 fixed my problem

Post #123 (Blackbit)

Backup your files in /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth
Remove all files in /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth
Run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_dump

#This command didn't work for me
Run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk

At the end I restarted the smtp service
service qmail restart

And all was well and the email flows!

Thanks Blackbit....
I had to do this on 2 servers

Hi all.

I'm new to Plesk and Virtuozzo. Got a VPS recently and from very beginning there is a problem with sending or receiving more than 10 emails in one go. They getting bounced back or disappeared completely. Can anyone help.

Thanks

I've just upgraded one server (CentOS 4) from Plesk 8.3 to Plesk 8.4.

One mayor problem is that I can't use Outlook/Outlook Express to send mail over SSL (port 465) anymore! I get a SSL certificate warning (which is normal) but then the authentication won't let me thru (both short and full username tested). This error message could be found in /var/log/message:
smtp_auth: smtp_auth: FAILED: info - no such user from *@* [IP]

There is no problem with Thunderbird, just Outlook/Outlook Express. Does anyone have the same problem?

This is a big issue since my customer has been told to use port 465 and i know alot of them are using Outlook/Outlook Express. I won't upgrade another server until this has been solved.

I have the SMTP problem but only with a couple of domains and some networks

I had read all the comments and my problem looks similar except it is not all the time.

The e-mails sent from certain networks fail if the recipient is not in my VServer, geting error 550 in Microsoft products and 571 in Thunderbird. It started a week ago, after upgrading to psa v8.4.0_build84080514.18 os_CentOS 4.2

Even the same message sent in one single movement to many addresses succeed with those of my VServer and fails with the rest.

Such problem only occurs in some networks with Win XP/Vista but in others everything goes find. I mean, in the network of a client, all the machines with Outlook failed, but those in other site do not, trying with addresses of their contact lists as well as new ones.

The auth credentials are:
user: [email protected]
password: *****

Please let me know if it may be the same upgrade issue, I am indeed concern about a propagation to the rest of my domains.

i had alot of problems with short mailbox names and some hackers could use the server as open mail relay, after hours of investigating it seems the "-Rt0" caused the problems in /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa (and /etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa) ...

server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbi...

try to remove that if it is there and restart xinetd with "service xinetd restart"

Weird Email Issues after upgrading to 8.4

Forgive me, I'm like PLESK stupid and qmail iliterate. Our server was upgraded to PLESK 8.4 and now I have users who send email (using outlook) and outlook sends it but it never hits our server, and they never get an error or bounce. It just goes into some black hole somewhere. Then I have users who used to get newsletters and now they don't, I look at the maillog and the newsletter never reaches us. I even white listed the email address it comes from and nothing. I have ran mchk -v from an ssh prompt as root, and it just sits there and does whatever, then my session times out after about an hour. Can anybody help with this. I'm losing customers left and right.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi Bryan, Are u using SpamAssassin or something? In SA there is a bug, which is fixed in a newer version, but not in the one thats Plesk using at the moment. Its because they are sending with outlook 2007 and are being blocked because it dont like the new version and deleted it (for the users which have a score of 2,5 and deletion is on).

Meaby this is the problem(one we've got with outlook), otherwise : Try to find out your server log files (/var/log/mail.info / mail.err), for errors and to check if the mails reach the server for sure. Meaby you can post some in here and we can help you ;)

I posted under another Title with similar problems. What I ended up doing was turning off the checking of Black Lists. This allowed all the mail that was not coming in to get to our server. Appears these people were all black listed by at least one listing. There is no way I can possibly check all my customers customers IP addresses. So I turned it off and so far so good. But, I will check into the version of SA, and this outlook issue you mentioned. Thanks for the Heads up.

Back