• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Problems with Remote Mail Server

B

badkneecap

I thought this would be an easy thing to fix, but I cannot find anything on it elsewhere.

My client hosts their own DNS and Mail. I just host their website. I set up their website using Plesk, they pointed the web access to my server, and everything seemed to work just fine.

The problem started when my code tried to compile and send an email to the client. The emails never went through. So, I searched and found that I needed to set up a smart host so that the client's domain will forward to THEIR mail server. Again, seemed to work. However, now when I send emails to my clients through my email account (which happens to be hosted on the same server), I doesn't go through, or I get delayed message warnings that it could not connect.

What is the proper procedure in Plesk to configure a website when the DNS and email is hosted elsewhere?

_ PR

Back