• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email redirects lead nowhere

S

S.Mordziol

I have a domain for which I set up a mail account which works fine via POP3 and Horde Webmail, and added a second one as an email redirect only. However, when I send an email to that address it does not get delivered to the redirect address, nor gives me a bounce message. It simply disappears in limbo apparently.

I checked the server's event log, but could find no related entries. I had a look at Plesk's event log too, but that only logs the activities in the Plesk control panel.

The email address properties pannel says:

- Control Panel Access: Off
- Redirect: On
- Mail Group: Off
- Mailbox: Off
- Autoresponders: Off
- Spam Filter: Off

As far as I can tell from the documentation and tutorials I read about mail redirects, this should be correct. Any ideas on how I can debug this problem?

I should add that the address I want to redirect to is an external gmail account that works fine otherwise.

I made some additional tests, including using another email address to redirect to and setting a redirect up on another one of my domains, but I still can not get the redirects to work.

Back