• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

EMail Service wont Start

A

averagehost

Hello,

I just signed up with a fresh install of PLESK on friday. Not once has the email service been able to start. Even if i try to do it in SSH it wont start. Any suggestions?

SMTP Server (QMail) starts, but IMAP/POP3 Server (Courier-IMAP) wont.

Can I use a different POP3 mail server program with PLESK? I want it integrated so my clients (friends mostly) can add their own email names and what not.

No, you cant use another one... It would help if you could tell us exactly what errors do you see when you try to start it and what's in the logs.

I have the exact same problem... Brand new install of Plesk 7.5 on linux and the pop3/imap service won't start at all, what log file would even give me a clue as to what's going wrong...i looked at everything in /var/log/

That problem described in that thread is pretty much exactly what's going on with me.. except, i can't telnet to 110 at all, the service isn't running at all and it won't start... the things they suggest adding to the file (/usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/pop3d on my rh9 linux install) are already in the file at the bottom of it... i restarted plesk and everything... (i didn't change the file anyway so it shouldn't have made a difference)
Anyway, thanks for the pointer to that thread, it looks like the same problem.

The line they suggest add to (/usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/pop3d was in my installation too. But the change of the file
/usr/local/psa/rc.d/courier-imap

change
status "$COURIERTCPD"
into:
status "/usr/local/psa/courier-imap/sbin/courierlogger"

did it for me.

Back