• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Email spam and email account hacked

Carloz

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have dozens of clients email account hosted on my vps, I want to ask if there is a reliable tool on plesk that I can activate to block spam (on some accounts, often arrive dozens of spam e-mails every day). In the past, i tried to active some spam filters, but they also deleted legitimate e-mails, so i had to deactivate them. I see that there is spamassassins but i remember that it wasn't very reliable when i activated it some years ago...and so i deactivated it. then i see there is in the general email server settings, the dnsbl filter. is it reliable? What lists do you suggest?

Another question: when a hacker obtain e-mail account password of my clients (for example using phishing methods or using the classical trojan horse), usually they immediately use the password to send thousands of e-mails using my server, freezing it and making big problems.

Is there a method to avoid this problem? Or a method to receive an alert when unusual e-mail outgoing traffic is happening?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Back