• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Email untimely line break

Erwan

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux / Centos
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian v18.0.43
Hi all,

We are encountering a strange problem. We have an application that is several years old that generates emails. Until recently no problems.

For some time, a newline every n characters is inserted in the text of the body during generation.
The content was checked before the build, it doesn't have the problem.

Configuration:
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.43
Dovecot 2.3.18-2
Postfix 3.5.14-2

Do you have an idea?

Erwan

I think I remember having seen the same in older projects. The solution was to insert a line wrap in the email message source code before 1024 minus checksum characters, e.g.
$message = rtrim(wordwrap($message, 900));
because else a single text chunk in the mail body that needs to be transported gets too long so that email clients insert an extra "line break" randomly. It had at least something to do with chunk length in the rendered email for transport.

Big Peter!
Thank you very much!

I had encountered this several years ago but I no longer saw at all what I could have done at the time.

Back