• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Emails ending in gmail spam folder

Ihtshama

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I have read few threads to solve this problem, but i couldn't. i checked at Newsletters spam test by mail-tester.com and found 10/10 for the test.

Emails delivery to other servers is fine, like sending to hotmail or other emails are fine.

Recently we moved our website DNS to cloudflare, i believe, after that this problem started, just doubts, not sure.

Can anyone please advise a solution?

Taking a guess - Are you using DKIM and forgot to copy the DNS rec to CloudFlare?

Not really Mark, DKIM record is already there. I also doubted it, but on checking found all records there. Any other thought please?

thanks.

Try to telnet to their server from yours and see what the response is;

# telnet smtp-relay.gmail.com 25

OOPs,

-bash: telnet: command not found

I am using Ubuntu 16.04. Why this error, any clue please?

I run telnet command and found following reply.

Trying 2a00:1450:400c:c02::1c...
Connected to gmail-smtp-relay.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp-relay.gmail.com ESMTP 66sm109015wmn.11 - gsmtp
451 4.4.2 Timeout - closing connection. 66sm109015wmn.11 - gsmtp
Connection closed by foreign host.

i tried two times, and got same reply.

hello,
I am still facing this problem, and i have attached email header of an email which landed in spam folder of gmail. Have a look please.

Original Message
Message ID <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAAO9Ir2zefmhHpSOzU2fMw/sBAMO2jhD3dRHOtM0AqgC7tuYAAAAAAA4AABAAAACpbxMjNugnTrqVbBMxXxckAQAAAAA=@professionaldesigner.ch>
Created at: Fri, May 4, 2018 at 9:33 AM (Delivered after 1 second)
From: Professional Designer CH <[email protected]> Using Microsoft Outlook 15.0
To: [email protected]
Subject: Logo design services from ProfessionalDesigners
SPF: PASS with IP 2a02:c207:2011:2640:0:0:0:1 Learn more
DKIM: 'FAIL' with domain professionaldesigner.ch Learn more
DMARC: 'PASS' Learn more

Thank your Eilko, it was useful, I was not able to get DKIM public key from plesk as per above tutorial, but checking with the DKIM validator, i found following:

Public Key DNS Lookup
Building DNS Query for default._domainkey.professionaldesigner.ch
Retrieved this publickey from DNS: v=DKIM1; p=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Validating Signature
result = fail
Details: bad RSA signature

SPF record and SPAM test was PASSED. For DKIM, it shows, something is wrong at cloudflare DNS zone.

Same problem "bad RSA signature" here. Activated DKIM in global mail server setting, activated in domain. The Postfix milter in main.cf was not set automatically by plesk, added that manuelly (inet:127.0.0.1:12768). Maillog then said " Starting the dk_sign filter" and sent the mail, still "bad RSA signature" in Validator. :(

Back