• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Emails will not arrive on a moved domain (old plesk server to new plesk server)

eronardiaras

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.48
I moved a domain with mailboxes from my plesk server to another plesk server.
(old and new plesk server version: newest)

In the old server's DNS setting I changed the ip-s to the new server.
(despite the fact that the name server was not on the old server, but was provided by a third party)

Then I deleted the mailboxes, the domain and the subscription from the old server.

The Problem:
If I send a letter from a mailbox (that is on the old server but another domain) to the moved domain, the letter will not be sent because it cannot find the mailbox in the table.

If I send a letter from third party server (e.g.: gmail, etc.), the letter will be sent.

How can I fix this?

ps: Until I deleted the domain (but everything was already moved and the ip was also rewritten), mails sent from another domain on the old server arrived on the old server. From a third-party mailbox (e.g.: gmail, etc.), however, by definition to the new server...

Sorry, solved.
By the time I posted this problem, it had fixed itself. You just had to wait a long time for it to resolve itself.

Back