• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Enable gzip

kanense

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

How to can I verify if gzip is enable? And if not, how can I active/install mod deflate/gzip under plesk 12?

Thank you

I have added to htaccess rules of deflate but not work,

I have check at
Code:
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf

SOLVED: add to above file:
Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/html text/css application/json application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript application/javascript text/x-js;

Last edited:
Hi, it sounds like you need to go learn your ABC's about running a web server.
nginx does not support htaccess. You need to decide if you're using nginx or apache to gzip for you.

hmm... maybe. the true as with the code inside htaccess:

Code:
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css application/x-javascript text/x-component text/html text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/x-icon application/javascript
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
  BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
</IfModule>

compression not work.

after add the code to nginx.conf
Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/html text/css application/json application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript application/javascript text/x-js;

work ;)

hmm... maybe. the true as with the code inside htaccess:

Code:
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css application/x-javascript text/x-component text/html text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/x-icon application/javascript
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
  BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
</IfModule>

compression not work.
Yes, because it appears you have nginx serving your static content instead of apache. So you setting this for apache was a waste of time.

after add the code to nginx.conf
Code:

work ;)

nginx is better at serving static content so I don't recommend making apache serve that content.
In case you want to activate apache anyways, you need to open the "Web Server Settings" for the site you want to have apache serve fully and uncheck "Smart Static Files Processing"
Reload apache.

Back