• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Enable PHP Error Reporting On Dedicated GoDaddy Server

J

JoeJoomla

I need to troubleshoot php errors that are occurring on a site. Pages are being served up blank when trying to view a Joomla! website via the iPhone. There is a mobile template being used for the iPhone. I have error reporting turned on inside the Joomla! CMS. Usually this will show the php errors generated on the page.

How can I enable php error reporting using Plesk on a dedicated GoDaddy server.

GoDaddy's chat help told me:

"that's far, far outside the scope of our support - we're not PHP devleopers (sic) in Server Chat"

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Mike.

I made this change on the php.ini file in the root directory. I have error reporting set to maximum level inside Joomla! but I am still not seeing the error messages on the pages.

Did you restart Apache after making the changes to the php.ini file?

If you are still not seeing errors you can manually check /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/statistics/logs where <domain> is the domain name you are wanting to check the logs for.

I just restarted Apache and the errors still don't show.

The error_log in the directory you show me the path to is over 18GB in size! I am not going to be able to download this.

You can see or view domain name php errors by going to either

tail -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/statistics/logs/error

Back