• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Enabling LDAP in php on Linux Plesk

IanMansfield

New Pleskian
I am attempting to enable LDAP capabilities in php, but the Plesk box was chosen by my employer and is a bit new to me.

(tests generate "Call to undefined function ldap_connect" as an error message in a php file)

Before I go too far down a bad route, it would seem that I might be able to enable it simply by:

yum install php-ldap
vi /etc/php.ini
add extension=ldap.so
service httpd restart

...or do I need to reinstall PHP (which I am trying to avoid as this is now a live server)?

Thanks

Hi IanMansfield,

I wonder why you would like to re-install php... anyway... depending on your installation on your server, php-ldap is installed or not installed. Your example shows the correct way for CentOS/RHEL - based systems to install this extension.

But since you are using Plesk, you might like the idea to add the free Plesk Extension "LDAP Auth", which adds "Authentication via LDAP" as well for Plesk.

I am trying to avoid reinstalling php to enable ldap if possible, as it is something I would not "like" to do. However, testing shows that ldap is not enabled/installed as far as I can tell.

As I understand it, the plesk extension relates only to plesk logins, and I want to use ldap for user logins on a website hosted on the server.

Back