1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Enabling MySQLi extension for PHP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by vzxv, Apr 16, 2006.

1. vzxv

vzxv Guest

How do I enable the MySQLi extension for PHP?

Should I do this via Plesk somehow, or would it okay to just to recompile PHP with MySQLi support and ignore the fact that Plesk is there?

I'm just nervous about messing Plesk up as I don't have much experience with it.

Any advice on how to go about this?

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

I included php-mysqli in my php5.0 and 5.1 releases (yum install php-mysqli). You can find them in the [atomic-testing] and [atomic-bleeding] channels respectively.

3. vzxv

vzxv Guest

I'm using php4.4.2, and I need a stable solution as it's a production server.

I just need to know if I should ignore Plesk and recompile php with MySQLi support? Or will it break Plesk?

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Im planning on moving the 5.0 packages into the main archive, and I have them active on all my servers now. So they are in the supported tree.