• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ERR [1] SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Mnu555

New Pleskian
After Update to
Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update 24
1) i get error :Error message on Plesk home page: The Plesk update failed. Click OK to close the message.
I found this Error message on Plesk home page: The Plesk update failed. Click OK to close the message.

there it is written how to remove this message. But nothing is written about the causes and possible problems after that.
2) I look in panel.log and found error: ERR [1] SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
V4IuUFh9.jpg

And not find in https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/ anything about this.
I'm worried about this error. Because the previous update - ended with a drop in Plesk and Plesk recovery did not help. I was tired of looking for reasons and I restored the server from snapshot at that time. Now I'm thinking whether new problems will begin. What means "ERR [1] SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory" in log ? What do i have to do ?

Last edited:
Hi Mnu555,

unfortunately you missed the additional links at the mentioned Plesk KB - article, which are all related to your described errors message. Pls. consider to follow each of the links, to investigate YOUR special and unique root cause. ;)

Back