• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error 97 at Start Service Apache2: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

S

softpac2000

Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

I installed Plesk 6.5 but the Plesk Control Panel doesn't want to start.

All services started except for these 3:
Plesk Scheduler
Plesk Miscellaneous Service
Plesk Control Panel

I am getting this error when I try to start the Plesk Control Panel:

Error 97 at Start Service Apache2: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

So I am assuming that since the Apache2 server that plesk installs and uses for the control panel doesn't start, neither will the 3 services above.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? :confused:

Thanks in Advance!
Ricardo...

USA,

Basically I kind of figured it out on my own!... When they say to install on a clean server they mean REALLY clean!...

I originaly installed Windows Server 2003 Standard and installed Active Directory which in turn makes the machine a Domain and Installs DNS....

I believe the problem is the DNS is in conflict with the DNS that is installed by the Plesk server. When they try to use the same port that's when you get the I/O conflict....

I just re-installed Windows Server and downloaded all updates then installed Plesk and it worked like a charm....

This time I didn't install active directory, Windows DNS or made it a Domain server.

I would recommend you re-install the server software and download updates... and then install Plesk. Don't install DNS, Active Directory or make it a Domain server.

Good luck!

We are experiencing this problem too -- and we never had, or do have Windows DNS installed.

Is there anything anyone can share that might explain what this error means and how we can fix it?

Cheers,

Back