• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: Can't execute gunzip

V

Voelcker

I was trying to update several packages using the plesk update from the Web Control Panel when I received the error about failed to update key. I found elsewhere on the web to run the autoinstaller from the command line instead as the problem is due to the plesk_updater package originally released with 8.3.0.

When I run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller from the command line and accepting all the default options at the prompts the update fails with the following output:

Retrieving information about the installed packages...
Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/dist-rpm-FedoraCore-6-i386/build-8.3.0-fc6-i386.hdr.gz: 24%..72%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/update-rpm-FedoraCore-6-i386/update-8.3.0-fc6-i386.hdr.gz: 33%..66%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/thirdparty-rpm-FedoraCore-6-i386/thirdparty-8.3.0-fc6-i386.hdr.gz: 100% done.
ERROR: Can't execute gunzip

I've uninstalled and reinstalled gzip (using yum) and the problem persists, when I run:

# which gzip
/bin/gzip
# which gunzip
/bin/gunzip

So I know the executables are there, I've even tested them manually on the command line to make sure they are decompressing zipped files. It's as if the path to gunzip in autoinstaller is wrong (if that's even possible).

Help!

Use:
vzctl exec 101 cat /proc/user_beancounters
there change 101 on your plesk VEID. you will see one line like this:
resource held maxheld barrier limit failcnt
privvmpages 52978 73574 65536 69632 18
look at 'failcnt' field to identify there you run out limits. should be more then 0.
modify it with: vzctl set 101 --privvmpages 150000:200000 --save
be happy.

Most of young sysadmins have problem setting correct file permission, in our case we not used that we running resource limited systems. Making similar mistakes.

Back