• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error connecting to MS SQL using Tomcat

qualispace

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I have my website running in Linux server with Plesk 7.5 Reloaded and the database is MS SQL which runs on a Windows 2003 server. While I try to connect the database using the Tomcat through a jsp script. I get the following error

Exceptionjava.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 216.185.43.214:1422 connect,resolve)

Does anybody have any idea as to what is the reason and what is the solution for the same.

Usually tomcat uses the localhost for databases, if it goes external you will need to change the /etc/tomcat4/catalina.policy on the local machine + the external (%) DB permissions on the remote windows server, to have the right permissions.

Look at the bottom of that file, there are some examples. If you can't find a solution you should search the tomcat manual, in this forum here it will be hard to find tomcat-specific help. Plesk provides access to Tomcat from the controlpanel, but has nothing to do with tomcat itself and/or remote databases.

Good luck
Bart

Back