• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error connecting to POP3 service - having to reboot every 12 hours

C

Colin Barker

Hi,

I am having a problem on one of our servers, after a few hours, and anywhere up to 12 hours, we get locked out of the POP3 service with the error message:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '************', Server: '************', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Unable to log on. Only one connection to a mailbox permitted at a time.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

The only way we can see to clear this message is to reboot the server.

There is a chance people on the server will connect at two different locations at the same time, like a phone and a laptop, so more than one connection is required.

How is it possible to change this, as the service is next to unusable.

Colin

Hi all

I have solved the problem, Mail Enable that comes with plesk only allows one connection to a mail box at one time, unless you upgrade to the professional version.

C

Yep, it is pain in the neck when you are using the third party mail server program since it is free. Plesk includes all the free modules and ask you to upgrade to the paid version if you want to use that component. There are other free mail server that you can use, such as hmailserver which is completely free, open source, compatible with plesk, and you can setup roundcube as the webmail which connect via imap if you are looking for a total free solution for mail server. Unfortunately, mail server role comes with server is not included in plesk, which I think it should be.

is this per mailbox, or per service, meaning, can user "a" and user "b" check their mail at the same time?

Back