• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

D

digitalabyss

plesk firewall not working

I am actually having this issue in plesk 8.6 and well as plesk 9 so its not version specific and is reoccurring on multiple VE's.

I am installing the plesk firewall module and configuring it. When I activate the ruleset it claims to be successful but a subsequent iptables -L shows that all chains are empty.

I tried running the script plesk produces manually and got an iptables error.

iptables: Unknown error 4294967295

The VE is a VZ container running CentOS 5

Disable the firewall

How can you disable the firewall once and for all?

Firewall

Hello,

I am having a problem changing my firewall settings (plesk with french language pack)
When I click on "Activate" it gives the following error:

"Erreur: Un autre administrateur est actuellement en train d'activer une configuration."

In english: Error: an other administrator is currently activating a configuration"

- No other sessions are active, been this way for the last two days.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Daniel

Thanks

Thanks for the reply,

I will look into using APF, having to many problems, for the time being I have downgraded to plesk 8.6.

Daniel

I abosultely hate the plesk firewall. It sucks so bad, that at one point I couldnt manage it from the GUI at all becuase it couldnt determine what time zone I was in.

Ditch it and go with APF - its a great firewall and very powerfull, just no GUI.

Hello,

I am having a problem changing my firewall settings (plesk with french language pack)
When I click on "Activate" it gives the following error:

"Erreur: Un autre administrateur est actuellement en train d'activer une configuration."

In english: Error: an other administrator is currently activating a configuration"

- No other sessions are active, been this way for the last two days.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Daniel

Hi,

I have faced this problem before and it was caused because of a 'lock' file that had to be removed but it was not - removing this file helped.
I honestly now do not remember name of this file or its exact location so I believe you can try rebooting this server to get problem fixed.

Hope this helps.

Problems with firewall module after upgrading to Plesk 9.0.1

Hi Supporters,

I updated my server succesfully to Plesk 9.0.1.
After the update I tried to change my firewall settings. Getting this result:

Fehler: Firewall-Konfiguration konnte nicht aktiviert werden:

proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead

The KB entry does't help in any way due to have not xt_state as a module. It is kernel builtin .
Please help. With Plesk 9.0.0 everything works fine!

Thanks.

Uli Dörsam
+ werk-statt +

Firewall module issue in 9.0.1

Hi guys..

I ran into this when trying to change a firewall rule:

http://kb.odin.com/en/5994

The thing is, the resolution doesn't work on my Suse 11.0 64bit system :/ The module was loaded all along... Any confirmation here?

Thanks,
timber

it worked for me by going into the operating system's firewall (for me it was fedora 8 in the admin section I believe) and I added tcp port 11444 as open.

same problem here

After updating to Plesk 9.0.0.1 I also get an error when trying to make firewall changes.

proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead

What are our options? We must rely on the firewall to be PCI compliant and time is not on our side.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Regards,
Brian

I got this error message while trying to activate my firewall:

proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead

Running Plesk Panel 9.01

Any ideas?

Kind regards, Dan

Plesk Firewall Error

Hi,

I installed plesk 9.01 on CentOS 5.2 x86_64 and when i try to start plesk firewall give an error:

"

proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Helsinki' for 'EET/2.0/no DST' instead

"
P.S. I try on Plesk 9.01 installed on SuSE 11 x86_64 and CentOS X86 but i have the same error.

The problem is caused by missing kernel extension xt_state.

To check the extension is loaded:

~# lsmod | grep ^xt_state
xt_state 35200 6
~#

and load it:

~# modprobe xt_state

this workaround doesn't work. not for me. not for many others here. i actually wonder who it worked for.

Hi,

Yup, in some cases even having xt_state loaded does not fix this problem.
I use the following workaround for now:
1. Edit firewall configuration.
2. When you select to activate it you will get a page where you can preview script that will be executed - copy this script and execute it on server manually.

Sirs,
The problem is confirmed in our lab:
proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
I will post the solution here as soon as fix is ready

Back