1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

error creating email address...

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Windows' started by MzaNike, Feb 2, 2013.

1. MzaNike

MzaNike Basic Pleskian

23%
    Fehler: DB query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and name = 'ok_language'' at line 1

any Idea?

2. MzaNike

MzaNike Basic Pleskian

23%
    btw: Win2k8R2, Mailenable 6.75 and Plesk 11

3. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Windows cannot work properly with folders that have special name at the beginning, separated by dot from the rest of the name, e.g. aux.administracion, con.tact, nul.l etc.

Creating mailname which starts with such names causes following error to be displayed in Plesk interface:

Error: DB query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and name = 'ok_language'' at line 1

SQL request pertains to Spamassassin settings update and apparently the result of uncaught failure returned by MailEnable.

Mailname is created in Plesk database, but not in MailEnable. Mailname cannot be removed.

We have already submitted request to developers regarding this bug (#117349 for your reference)
    I have updated request with your case.

4. MzaNike

MzaNike Basic Pleskian

23%
    thanks for your reply...In this case the email name was "test",

son nothing special

5. MzaNike

MzaNike Basic Pleskian

23%
    ...any Idea?

6. IgorG

24%
    Developers are working on this issue. I have no ETA when fix will be available. You can create Support Ticket for escalation.

7. MzaNike

MzaNike Basic Pleskian

23%
    !?
    You are writing about:
    "....that have special name at the beginning, separated by dot from the rest of the name, e.g. aux.administracion, con.tact, nul.l etc...""

I told you that this is not the problem.
    Even with a standard account like "test" it is not working.

So what does this has to do with your fix?

If this would be the main it means, that no customer is able to create e-mail accounts in the combination of P11 & ME6.75?

8. prtabakaranp

prtabakaranp New Pleskian

Of course I received the error. So my instructions are here: 1. First create a functioning pop3 account for the same email address ..for details click here

9. IgorG

24%
    This error occurs in case when you use special names. It is known problem and we have already submitted request regarding this issue. If you have the same error message when you do not use special names I suggest you contact Support Team. They will check and investigate this issue directly on your server.