• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Error: Discard mode not supported

Chuck Verc

New Pleskian
I'm trying to add a new subscription and I get the error
Error: Discard mode not supported

I've tried adding a test domain to other clients even my main admin and I still get this error.
Panel version 11.5.30 Update #31, last updated at Jan 30, 2014 04:02 AM

I believe that is the only thing that changed between my last domain creation and today's attempt.

Anyway to rollback ?
Or anyway to get more information on this error ?

Thanks

edit: I'm running on Plesk's auto-update and I have it set to "Late adopter release"

Last edited:
Do you have Smartermail mail server there? Is it supported version?

I have what Plesk installed. I haven't installed anything over Plesk's default installation.
My mail server is managed on another server which is not communicating with plesk (Smartermail v11).
But as I said, everything was working fine (we've been running v11 since september) the day before.

One other thing that I changed was the DNS template. I added 2 entries in it:
phpmyadmin.<domain>. A xx.xx.xx.77
mylittleadmin.<domain>. A xx.xx.xx.77

I removed them and tried to create a new subscription but still had the same error.

So basically the only other thing that changed was the upgrade, by the auto-updater, to Plesk v11.5.30

Thanks

Hello
I have the same error (Discard mode not supported) after the last auto-update.

Can somebody know how to fix that or how to rollback the update.

Best Regards
Pierre

Hello,

Also have the same issue, do not use (do not have installed) SmarterMail and problem only started after the most recent (v11.5.30 #31) update. Worked fine prior to the last auto-update.

Any news on a fix?

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:
My Plesk reseller opened a ticket and Parallel's tech support activated the mail server in my installation (which I had disabled when initially installing Plesk back in september). Now I can add a new subscription.

So basically, from what I gathered from my reseller, the last update did something and when adding a domain Plesk absolutely needs a mail server to talk with. Probably felt lonely ;)

Hope this helps some of you with the same problem.

Thanks for the heads up Chuck Verc.

I suppose my (as well as others) next question will be.... do we have to activate a mailserver even though we do not need it or will Parrallel's provide another patch shortly to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Matt

Hello
Thanks Chuck Verc.
I confirm that by installing the MailServer, everything came back.
However, all the mail services (POP, IMAP and Co) can be disabled (Switched off).
I use the internal Windows SMTP service for sending email from websites (need to be reconfigured after MailServer installation to be back on TCP port 25).
Like this new subscription can be added again.
Running under Windows 2012 & Plesk 11

Pierre

Thanks,
did just that, switched off the services (Tools & Settings \ Services).
Everything's working back like it was.
I also disabled the Anti-virus and the Webmail in the Tools & Settings \ Panel Components \ Mail Server to make sure I don't have any resources used by those services.

Discard mode not supported issue will be completely fixed in upcoming MU#32

Back