• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: DNS record does not exist.

I

Internet Services

Greetings

we have upgraded our Plesk 9.5 on CentOS 5.8 to Plesk 11.

Now we cannot add Domain Aliases to any of the existing domains. The error is: Error: DNS record does not exist.
On german, the error is: Fehler: DNS-Eintrag existiert nicht.

On Domains, which are created under Plesk 11, we can add Aliases. We have already tried to
- de- and reactivate the domain
- update DNS setting
- rename Domain
but still no luck.

Has anybody an idea what the problem is?

Greetings
Markus

Attachments

• domainalias2.png
    domainalias2.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 24
Try the following:

1. Go to domain -> DNS Settings -> Switch OFF DNS and Switch ON
2. Go to SHELL and make sure /etc/init.d/named restart works fine without any errors ..

Then usually after an upgrade, you need to go Tools & Settings -> DNS Template or something related and resysnc ALL your dns settings on the server.

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tried to Switch DNS OFF and ON. And now once again, with no luck.

I just restarted named service with no errors in logs. No change.

In one Domain, i did "Apply DNS Template Changes". But the error still exists.
I dont really want to resync all my DNS template settings, because of many individual changes...

Any other idea?

Greetings
Markus

The sollution was to use "Restore Defaults" in DNS settings. Of course you have to write down your modifications before! This has to be done on every single domain. So it's surey a bug.

We also had other bugs while upgrading from 9.5 to 11, e.g. the Maill User Accounts were all assigned to the reseller, not the customer of the domain. We had to manually update all the psa.smb_users.ownerID's from the reseller's ID to the according customer's ID - quite annoying bugs!

In case you're wondering - they're still here.

Any better solutions? If I have to do this manually on 150+ domains I'll start charging Parallels for my hours...

Back