• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error: Domain with id=7 not found

dominicpratt

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'd like to activate Let's Encrypt on one of my domains like I've done on all other domains already.

Plesk gives me the following error after klicking on "Let's Encrypt":

Fehler: Domain with id=7 not found

Any ideas on this one? I'm able to change all of the domain settings and such things, except activating LE...

I have seen that error only when a domain is not set to "webspace", but to another hosting type like "redirect". In that case, a Let's Encrypt certificate cannot be installed (there is no need for protecting redirects anyway). Could it be possible that you are trying to activate a certificate on a domain that is configured as redirect?

Hi Peter (and Plesk community)

there is no need for protecting redirects anyway

Have an interesting scenario. Client had full hosting set up for domain, than had it redesigned on weebly. Not to show weebly, they used frame forwarding.
In my understanding, as technically it is still Plesk "in charge" of the domain name, I would think Plesk should handle the certificate? Am I wrong?
How to set up an SSL cert for a frame forwarded domain? Create one manually?
[and thinking about the issue, how to differenciate / set up the handling of http/https on a frame forwarded domain?]

Is this perhaps a limitation of Plesk?
Would be grateful if you could elaborate!

Thanks, Tom

Frame redirects are no real redirects but webspace with a single page, the frame master that contains only a single frame. The frame content is delivered from the redirect target. For security it still does not make sense to encrypt the frame page, because an encryption here will not at all protect the source (the redirect target). The source needs SSL, not the frame surrounding it.

The only sense it could make to have SSL activated for a frame page is to simulate a feeling of security for a user, because the browser will display the green lock. But only if the target of the redirect is also fully encrypted, else the browser will complain. It does not actually provide better security to encrypt a frame page, so you can equally well omit an SSL certificate on it.

Frame redirects are not indexed as separate web pages in Google either, so an SSL cert on it won't be counted as a ranking signal either.

From whatever perspective you look at it: Protecting redirects by encryption makes no sense

I always get "Domain with id=<number>" when I click on the Lets Encrypt settings in a domain that is email-only with no web hosting turned on.
I assume this will behave differently when I can use Lets Encrypt with the webmail.domain.tld when Lets Encrypt is updated soon.

Back